My publishing journey- March 18th 2018

Right now I am writing about my freshman year of high school. High school was an odd time and I am not sure how I feel about it. High school was not your average experience filled with friendship and parties and I wish that I got to experience that. I have to keep reminding myself that I was doing the best I could and that is all that mattered at the time. Now I am alone, now that I am out of school and I have to admit it is harder than I expected to find my place in this world.

I have no idea what I'm doing, whether it is the right thing to do or not. What I do know is I am meant to be a writer, that I know for sure. I am meant to write this book for those who are like me. For teachers to recognize how their teaching affects students in a good or bad way. Most importantly to hopefully open their eyes to reality of what is going on inside their classroom. For me it has been difficult to navigate a social life as an adult, especially when you are not a social outgoing person.

I have to trust that everything happens for a reason and friendships and romantic relationships will eventually follow. When you're in a state of transformation it is normal to have doubts and feelings of inadequacy, most importantly it is normal to change. I have a hard time with change, I am the type of girl who likes to have her life planned out by the second and obviously that is not realistic. Imagining a different high school experience is a waste of time but I do wonder if I tried harder or done better, if the aftermath would have turned out differently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Processing through emotions

Documenting my publishing journey (November 8th 2017)

In the light of Kavanaugh